MongoDB 1.4 has been finally released and is now tagged with “ready for production”.
Here is a small excerpt of the changelog:
Core server enhancements
- concurrency improvements
- indexing memory improvements
- background index creation
Replication & Sharding
- better handling for restarting slaves offline for a while
- fast new slaves from snapshots
- $inc replication fixes
This short tutorial will describe how to use MongoDB together with XAMPP.
It is tested with the following environment:
1. In the first step we have to download XAMPP and MongoDB (together with the PHP driver for MongoDB).
2. Create the directory datadb on your c drive (–> c:\datadb).
3. Unpack the MongoDB zip file to a disired destination
4. Install XAMPP (do not install MySQL as a service)
5. Go into your XAMPP directory (something like xampp\php) and add the following line to the file php.ini
6. Unzip the php_mongo.dll to the follwing directory: xampp\php\ext
7. Start the Apache with the XAMPP Control Center
8. Start MongoDB server ( MongoDBDirectory\bin\mongod.exe )